Tuesday, February 5, 2008

my favorite movie you ask?


One of my favorite movies is Minority Report, released in 2002.

In the year 2054, security in Washington D.C. is under the watch of the “Pre-crime Division”. The purpose of this law enforcing squad is to prevent crime that is about to happen. They use three “Pre-Cogs”, genetically altered human beings, and their visions to eliminate crime from the city. John Anderton, played by Tom Cruise, is the head of “PreCrime”. He feels very emotionally attached to the mission because his son had been abducted six years earlier. He seems to think the system is flawless and believes in its accuracy until his own name is listed on the ball that rolls out of the “perpetrator”. At this time, it is believed that Anderton will murder a man he doesn’t even know in the next 36 hours. With his own colleagues after him, John follows a small trace of evidence called a “Minority Report” that could possibly prove his innocence.

Although I rarely watch Action and Thriller movies, I really enjoyed this one. I literally found myself on the edge of my seat, nervous for what would happen to John Anderton. There was no way that I would leave the theater for fear that I might miss a detail or hint that the director dropped into the storyline. Once the movie ended, I was left with some questions unanswered, hoping that if I watched it again, I might catch a bit of information that I had missed. Overall, I thought the plot was interesting and the special effects and creativity of imagining life in 2054 was fun to see.

Critics say that this movie truly delivers and it’s hard to want more from a film. Even though the movie is 140 minutes long, it’s so fast paced and suspenseful that you would never guess it lasted that long. The script is packed with all kinds of surprises-even humor, but did not have excess, nonsense lines.

1 comment:

Ms. Hatten said...

Sorry you had to write this over again! Nice work.